Amun

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
nk.net...
With all these answers saying a GFI can work without a ground I had to

check
for myself.

Seems that I was somwhat wrong.
But not totally.

I checked around and while some people claim they will work, none of the
manufacturers recommend using these without grounds.

In some areas they do allow them in retrofits without grounds. (with a
label)
Other places say absolutely NO WAY.

If they don't work then what are the things on the newer hair dryers ?

The
one my wife uses only had a 2 wire plug.

Don't know, and don't want to know.
The OP just wanted some help straightening out some outlet wiring issues.

And now he has to replace all his outlets with GFI's and buy hairdryers.

SHEESH !

AMUN