Olaf

"Zing" wrote in message
oups.com...
My house was built in 1952 and I am not the original owner.
The original part of the house has 2 wire Romex WITHOUT ground since it
was a post WW II home built for returning servicemen.
Attic and gargage have 3 wire Romex and is installed correctly.

When I plug a CIRCUIT TESTER - the kind of thing you buy in Depot or
similar with 3 neon lights on it = a yellow, red, clear lens - I get
readings that are not on the sample display on the label on the unit.

They give readings for CORRECT or REVERSED POLARITY, OPEN GROUND, OPEN
HOT, etc.

I get the YELLOW lens BRIGHTLY LIT and BOTH the red and clear lenses
DIMLY LIT on any number of wall outlets.

Without "smart" answers, anyone have an idea of what to look for ?????

House has been this way for better part of 32 years.

TIA

I have the same kind of tester. They are cheap and the light from one LED
bleeds to the other light's section in the tester. The one that is very
bright is the only one that is to be read as lit. The rest are not lit, and
what you have is a tester that is reading correctly.... open ground.