Amun

"Mark" wrote in message
On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 09:55:17 -0700, "SQLit" wrote:

"Mark" wrote in message
.. .
I need to replace a power cord on my welder. It's #8 wire and the

original cord
is nice and flexible, but all I can seem to find is the solid copper

rigid
stuff.

Look for SO or SJ cord. Your not going to like the price. The box stores
may not have it. An electrical wholesaler surely would.

Thanks for the tip. But what does SO and SJ mean? What would you guess
25' is going to cost?

Actually you will probably have better luck referring to it by the "trade
name"

CABTIRE

Most any electrical supply's can sell you short cuts as long as you need.

The SO or SJ just refer to the type of covering construction and materials.

Some can be run over with construction equipment and never suffer
(crushproof) others are oil/chemical resistant etc.

prices depend on the quality of the coverings but sounds like you could get
away with the cheapest stuff.

This link should explain a lot

http://hillsupplies.com/cgi-bin/sear...odit&d=01&ft=1

AMUN