George E. Cawthon

Doug Kanter wrote:
"George E. Cawthon" wrote in message

BTW, I bought an oil change contract, when I bought my truck. The
minimum time I have ever spent was 1 hour for an oil change when I stay
there and wait.

Now....that involves the dealer, right? Hmmm.....I don't know about yours,
but I've found that with most dealers, whatever is done to your car is
relayed back to you via a service writers, and they're not always the
sharpest knives in the drawer. I like talking directly to the mechanic. No
smoke & mirrors that way.

Do you mean they outsource it to someone else?
It is through a dealer and in my case the dealer
has three bays specifically for lube jobs (and
tires). I can watch the mechanic through a glass
window and I walk out into the bay to pickup the
vehicle if I am standing there when they finish.
If I wanted to I can yell at the mechanic and talk
to him. The service managers (guys at the
counters seem to know quite a bit) the actual oil
change guys are pretty much on the bottom of the
totem pole and pretty much a mixed bag. Doesn't
bother me that they may not be the sharpest minds
since they are just changing oil, filling other
fluids, and checking for visible leaks. Anything
more serious goes to the regular maintenance bay.