RBM

I'm not exactly clear on your situation. Your non grounded romex shouldn't
have standard grounded outlets attached to it. I believe your outlet tester
has a ground prong. I'm curious as to what the outlet grounds are connected
to. Possibly the neutral wire?

"Zing" wrote in message
oups.com...
My house was built in 1952 and I am not the original owner.
The original part of the house has 2 wire Romex WITHOUT ground since it
was a post WW II home built for returning servicemen.
Attic and gargage have 3 wire Romex and is installed correctly.

When I plug a CIRCUIT TESTER - the kind of thing you buy in Depot or
similar with 3 neon lights on it = a yellow, red, clear lens - I get
readings that are not on the sample display on the label on the unit.

They give readings for CORRECT or REVERSED POLARITY, OPEN GROUND, OPEN
HOT, etc.

I get the YELLOW lens BRIGHTLY LIT and BOTH the red and clear lenses
DIMLY LIT on any number of wall outlets.

Without "smart" answers, anyone have an idea of what to look for ?????

House has been this way for better part of 32 years.

TIA