Don Lancaster

Kurt wrote:
In article ,
Don Lancaster wrote:

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:

Ignoramus12789 wrote:

I noticed that many bare metal items that I photograph with my Fuji
digital camera, look rustier on photos than they do in "real life". I
would like to correct it so that the photos show exactly as much rust
as would be seen by a naked eye. Any thoughts on this? Should Ichange
lighting, or something else? Thanks

I know you'll hate me for suggesting this, but -- how about cleaning the
rust off? G

LLoyd

It is much easier to clean the rust off the photo than the object.

No point in spending time and effort on anything until it is sold.

Of course, no buyer will complain that the item condition doesn't match
the photo...

Since the condition of what we ship nearly always EXCEEDS that of the
photo, you are normally correct.

But we did get negged once for shipping an improved, later, better
performing model of a Tektronix plugin. One that even Tek retained the
same part number on.

Photos tend to emphasize defects and add artifacts. Most of photo
enhancement should consist of removing emphasis and artifacts.

Typically, most of our postprep is involved with distortion correction,
shadow removal, lettering enhancement, and background clarification.

http://www.tinaja.com/auct01.asp for numerous tutorials.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&include=0&user id=abeja&sort=3&rows=100&since=-1&rd=1
for many examples of our eBay photos.

Plain and simple, we have the finest photos and images on eBay, bar
none. They consistently pay for themselves many times over.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster
Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552
voice: (928)428-4073 email:

Please visit my GURU's LAIR web site at
http://www.tinaja.com