Randy Replogle

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 22:00:16 -0500, "Mike Henry"
wrote:

I have an original manual (dated 1933) for a Sears Metalcraft lathe that was
claimed to have a 9" swing. You can find a PDF file of the scanned manual
he

http://www.metalwebnews.com/manuals/searslathe.pdf

Most (all?) of the later Sears/Craftsman lathes in this size category were
made by Atlas so the above manual might be useful to you. The vintage
certainly sounds to be in the right ballpark.

Mike

"Randy Replogle" wrote in message
.. .
My dad picked up an old lathe for $15. It is missing several parts
including the compound, leadscrew, probably threading gears,
handwheels, etc. I think it's an Atlas from pictures on the net but
it's not exactly the same model. There is a gear change plate that
mentions the year 1933. Does anyone have a picture and/or model info?
I think it's probably 10" swing.
Thanks,
Randy

Thank you very much. It looks like a perfect match except for the
legs.
Randy