Artemia Salina

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 15:23:28 +0000, Ignoramus12789 wrote:

I noticed that many bare metal items that I photograph with my Fuji
digital camera, look rustier on photos than they do in "real life". I
would like to correct it so that the photos show exactly as much rust
as would be seen by a naked eye. Any thoughts on this? Should Ichange
lighting, or something else? Thanks

Not directly related to color correction is a cheap trick to produce
"bounce lighting" with the camera's flash. Take a piece of tinfoil
and tape it just under the flash "bulb" on the camera. Then bend the
foil so it acts as a reflector to direct the light up to the ceiling.
This causes the flash to bounce off of the ceiling and down onto the
subject, thereby producing more natural-looking lighting and reducing
glare off of shiny objects. If you don't have a ceiling to bounce the
light off of you can set up a white card above your subject to reflect
the light back down onto it. Because ceilings (or white paper cards)
usually have a flat finish they tend to diffuse the light and soften
shadows somewhat as well.