Jim Stewart

chaz wrote:
"Ignoramus12789" wrote in message

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 11:35:46 -0400, chaz wrote:

"Ignoramus12789" wrote in message
m...

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 11:31:33 -0400, chaz wrote:

"Ignoramus12789" wrote in message
. com...

I noticed that many bare metal items that I photograph with my Fuji
digital camera, look rustier on photos than they do in "real life". I
would like to correct it so that the photos show exactly as much rust
as would be seen by a naked eye. Any thoughts on this? Should Ichange
lighting, or something else? Thanks

Have you tried taking the photo outdoors in natural sunlight?

I will try that, but I must say that I often need to take photographs
in the evening. I also bought some evapo-rust, and hope that I could
remove rust from items easily to make them look better.

What are you selling?

Right now, I need to sell 21 Signode steel banding tensioners. 3/4"
and 1.25" banding. They seem to be fine and look OK to the "naked
eye", but turn out rusty on photos. Photographs do them a big
disservice. If I can dip them in evaporust and remove visible rust
(which is very superficial), that would help me get better prices for
them.

A light scrubbing with a brillo pad also does wonders.

Another thing you might try is going over
them with an oily rag.