Bruce T

I checked into the IRIDIUM web site. After about 10 minutes, I still
couldn't find any information about costs. If they're not advertising
costs, my guess is that they're high enough to make one SIT DOWN and think
about it....

"Battleax" wrote in message
No problem, the Iridium system consists of 65 low orbit satellites. The
phones are down to around $400 and you can call home from anywhere you can
see sky.

"Bruce T" wrote in message
I'd kind of like to see what kind of battery you'd need in that cell
phone
to boost that signal from that itty-bitty antenna all the way to a
geosynchronous satellite.
BruceT

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. ..

"Guess who" wrote in message

I do if it's not true. Also, for your information cell phones work
from batteries and through satellite.

When did that happen? Are they going to tear down all the cell phone
antennas that have been built in the past 15 years? I'd better tell

the
guy erecting one 100 feet from where I work to stop it as the
satellites
are taking over.

Unless you have power for a charger, those cell phone batteries will
die
in a couple of days.