Terry

Default Buying a house - flooding risk info.

"chris French" wrote in message
There is a good possibility that we may be moving from Leeds to the
Cambridge/Huntingdon area this year, depending on how SWMBO's new job
hunting goes.

World's oceans rising at , what is it? ("Thames Barrier rumoured not high
enough?")
A metre per century or something; although that may be accelerating due to
global warming?
Various glaciers from Greenland to Antarctica are receding and iced over
areas of various mountain ranges are becoming bare.
This had led to 'discoveries' of the "Ice man" (10,000 years?) in Europe, an
ancient mastodon in Russia and uncovered artefacts of native hunters from
8,000 years ago in northern Canada etc. Seems that we've melted back
somewhere between 5,000 and 10,000 years so far!
No matter! Your choice, whatever it is, should be good for say 50 years?
Personally I'd 'never' buy a house in an area subject to flooding.
Terry.
PS. Have an inflatable boat stored high up just in case and some means of
getting out through the roof.