shu

"Strabo" wrote in message
In OT - A test for Gunner & Stu & crew on Mon, 29 Aug 2005
16:55:48 -0000, by Jeff Dantzler, we read:

In article you wrote:

"atheist" is inconsistent with libertarian.

You can be an agnostic and a libertarian but atheists claim
an unprovable knowledge (the non-existence of a god).

I disagree and look forward to you expanding on why your statement
is valid.

Atheism is characterized by an absence of belief in the existence
of gods. I don't have to claim that no god exists to be an atheist.

No, you certainly don't have to but that's what you're doing
when you associate with 'atheist'.

Read my post to 'shu'.

Please understand I dont' agree with your post to me., but i figure your
kinda mired in your ways so it was futile to argue

I am. an atheist Libertarian, regardless of what you think.
I think you're using a somewhat antiquted defintion of libertarian,
there is no requirement of religion to be moral, this is a myth.
in fact, i would even go so far as to say that atheists can have better
morals, in the sense that we believe in doing good over bad out of a pure
sense of responsiblity, and honor, rather then a fear of going to hell, for
doing bad, or am elation of going to heaven for being good.

I do believe that people have intrinsic rights, among these life liberty and
the pursuit of happiness.
just cause jefferson believed in god, doesn't mean I have to..

but I do have a handy card that says member of the libertarian party. that
should be enough. I doubt Jefferson had one of those.

********
shu