Dave Hinz

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:46:31 -0400, Chris wrote:

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message

Had a friend while in the service have his brother die suddendly. Took Red
Cross 4 days to confirm the paper work to allow the Army to let him home.
Suppose to take 24 hours. Poor guy was so upset at the time they put him on
suicide watch.

OK, ?

Hm. We've had quite a few housefires where the families, and our
department, were helped out quite a bit during and after the fire.
By the Red Cross. Who also trains our EMTs... You know, EMTs? The
people you might need help from some day?

As a youngster had a house burn completely to the ground. Three people in
the hospital. No Red Cross to be found.

Hm. They show up any time we ask for them. Maybe your fire department
didn't, you know, ask for them?

Care to share how much the Red Cross "charged" you for this training
service?

Volunteer trainers. I know you really, really want to hate them or
something, but I'm afraid I can't give you anything additional.

My dad was a POW in Stalag 17 for 19 months and received toilet paper -
not
food - from the Red Cross. He cursed them until the day he died. I would
feel very disrespectful to my father's memory if I gave money to the Red
Cross.

So, because the nazis may have picked through the packages before they
gave them to the POWs, ah, never mind. Obviously your mind is made u
Salvation Army

Red Cross packages are SEALED. They stole the whole package if anything.

Are you the same person as *, or someone different? It's so hard to
tell.

Would of been obvious to his father if they were opened. Or do you make it
a sport to doubt veterans??

Given that you didn't _SAY_ earlier that they were sealed packages, it's
a bit unrealistic for you to now claim I'm disbelieving information you
didn't even provide previously. Oh - and if there was food, would the
packages have got there at all? Too much information you haven't
provided, and quite frankly, you're kind of a suspect source at this
point anyway.

You should be thankful for his father's
service, or you might very well have a Nazi stealing from you as well.

I am. You, on the other hand, I don't have much respect for. Nice
attitude there, sport.

Or how about my neighbor a WWII POW vet, who curses the Red Cross because
they mad him pay for the cigarettes they sent over. Should we doubt him
too?

Dunno. Got anything from _this_ century, as like the examples that I've
given?

Some of us just do our charitable deeds and don't see the need to crow
about them on the Internet.

So why does the Red Cross calling me telling all that they have "done".

Hard to say. I don't get those calls. (shrug). Maybe they just like
you.

You obivisiouly did not see the scandal that Bill O'Reily broke on TV,
shortly after all the 9/11 crap that the Red-Cross did.

Even worse they rode on the tails of 9/11 for a while begging people to give
blood. All the while they were chucking it at the same time because they
ran out of room, storage, testing, etc. Why?

Why? You thundering ****ing moron. Because people like me went to the
red cross that day, donated blood in the _hopes that there would be
survivors_. There weren't any, remember?

Because once they got you in
the door, they hit you up for money as well.

I've never been asked for a monetary donation when giving blood.
Obviously your feelings are deep-seated, and the "facts" you seem to be
claiming are in direct contradiction with my own direct personal
experience. I will , er, give them exactly the consideration they are
due. But, tell you what. Feel free to rant, as long as you don't mind
if I feel free not to care.