Chris

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , Chris says...

Even worse they rode on the tails of 9/11 for a while begging people to
give
blood.

Oddly I don't recall red cross appeals for blood, certainly after the
first day or so. It was very apparent at that point that folks mostly
either walked away or were dead.

Everyone *wanted* to give blood. Around here they were turned away.

Jim

Jim,

My story came from a nurse at the Boston chapter. She stopped volunteering
shortly after that. Just might not be at all places, as each chapter is
different and completely / somewhat independent from what I know.

She did mention that the blood they did collect just sat there. Never
picked up. Eventually was thrown away or what every they do with old blood.

Do hope they did not throw it in a dumpster. I could only imagine the dump
truck leaking blood after pick up.

Chris