Rex B

Randy Replogle wrote:
My dad picked up an old lathe for $15. It is missing several parts
including the compound, leadscrew, probably threading gears,
handwheels, etc. I think it's an Atlas from pictures on the net but
it's not exactly the same model. There is a gear change plate that
mentions the year 1933. Does anyone have a picture and/or model info?
I think it's probably 10" swing.

I bought one almost identical to that recently, except that all the
drive stuff was replaced by a 2 HP DC motor with a variable-speed
controller box. Unfortunately they also got rid of the leadscrew and the
gear train to turn it. I'm currently trying to decide whether to
rebuild it or part it out.

Rex