Mary Fisher

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Mary Fisher
writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Mary
Fisher
writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Mary
Fisher
writes

"raden" wrote in message

If everyone thought like that, we'd still be serfs in a feudal
system

You think we're not?

Nothing like as much as we would have been if we all adopted your
approach

Wossat then?

Standing back and letting the state and it's evil agents get away with
what they want

You think I do that? Not that the TV folk are the state's agents.

Of course, they get away with most of it, but ...

But what?

If you don't like this state you're free to try another. Note that word,
'free'.

Free ?

Try demonstrating outside parliament mary

No, you're confused. You were talking about "the state and its evil agents".
You mentioned the feudal system. There was no parliament in the days of the
feudal system. I said that if you don't like our system you're free to find
a different one. Demonstrating outside either of the Houses of Parliament is
irrelevant to the matter in hand.

As for demonstrating outside the Palace of Westminster (which is what I
think you meant) you're perfectly free to do it.You must accept the
consequences but you know what they are before you set up your pitch.

As you know the consequences of not having a television licence. Those who
don't have one are penalising those of you who do, surely they should be
sought out and made to pay their dues? Because the licensing authority is
made up of humans (not evil, just doing a job) mistakes are made.Have you
never made a mistake? If you say you haven't I don't believe you.

I don't want to demonstrate in Parliament Square, I have more subtle and
effective ways of protesting when I feel the need. I'm free to do it. And I
usually achieve my aim.

or many of the other things you think you are free to do, but could get
arrested for

What do you think I think I'm free to do but could get arrested for? Or,
rather, what do you think I WANT to do which I could get arrested for?
Incidentally you don't get jailed for not having a tv licence, that's a
common misconception.

Do you always take the blind eye attitude, or go somewhere else when you
don't agree ?

Oh come on! What do you think?

Or even - DO you think?

Mary