me

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 23:26:21 +0000, Speechless wrote:
So, it would be perfectly acceptable, per Miller's policy, for an
authorized service agent to flat-out refuse warranty service to Miller
equipment purchased elsewhere.

Hmmm...I poked around on their web site further...they say on this
page: http://www.millerwelds.com/rfq/help.html

"Local service and support are important factors when purchasing
welding equipment. For the best support possible, we always encourage
you to select a distributor in your area."

So, a customer who resides in Florida and follows Miller's advice and
three months after purchase, gets a job in Alaska in the oil industry,
won't get service in Alaska?

Of course it's not a guarantee that another shop won't service the
equipment under warranty, but Miller apparently wouldn't have a problem
with them if they did refuse.

Very interesting...this just illustrates what happens when M.B.A. types
who, having met neither a welding electrode nor an attorney specializing
the warranty claims, try to set corporate policy. I bet it is the same
bunch who are in charge of Quality Control at Miller.

Would you mind telling us which model of Miller welding machine this is?

I've purposely been light on the details while waiting to see how the
entire situation plays out since I don't desire to damage anyone's
reputation unnecessarily, nor do I want to anger those who are currently
in possession of my welder. I guess there's no harm in mentioning the
model especially since I have found that my problem lies more with
Miller's warranty service policy (and my lack of knowledge regarding the
policy prior to purchase) than the local shop's service...

Maxstar 150 STH