Karl Townsend

Make sure it's level, so you don't chase things that you lay on the
surface.
It's not uncommon to use drill blanks or other round objects in the
process
of inspecting or making setups. A rigid steel bench with leveling bolts
in
the legs is a good idea. Once you've had one, you'll wonder how you got
along without it.

Mine's on a rolling cart, with a couple levels below it. With the cover on
it does double duty as a tool cart in the shop. With the cover off, I roll
it up beside the optical comparator. I've got "Too-Many-Tools" and no spare
room, the cart is pushed into the corner when not in use.

Karl