Kiwanda

wrote in news:1125061663.518699.198220
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

About to get CO for my new home and (of course) the I don't have a

lawn
yet. I want to hold back an amount equal to the cost of hiring

someone
to do it for me. I've got an acre with about 3/4 of an acre that

will
be lawn.

Why in god's name would you want that much grass??? Have a football
team in the house? Or a mower fetish? Aside from the work in
maintaining it, planting that much monoculture creates close to zero
quality habitat for anything other than lawn bugs and robins. Why not
plant something native to the area that will require no work to
maintain? No water, no fertilizer, no mowing-- and will replace some
of the habitat your house has taken?

Huge lawns are a waste of space and resources.

-gus