Default How much to put in a lawn

About to get CO for my new home and (of course) the I don't have a lawn
yet. I want to hold back an amount equal to the cost of hiring someone
to do it for me. I've got an acre with about 3/4 of an acre that will
be lawn. Can anyone ballpark how much that would be? I guess someone
would have to come in with a york rake and get the large stone/crud out
and then seed it.

Can anyone ballpark how much that would be? I guess someone
would have to come in with a york rake and get the large stone/crud out
and then seed it.

Get a couple of estimates from some local outfits and pick the highest
one. That will add legitamacy to your claim and show dilegence on your
part if the contractor is backing out on his obligation to provide your
home a lawn.

York rake, scrape removal, topsoil, seed, straw... could be at least a
few thousand. Your jaw might drop at the cost of the grass seed alone.

Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
oups.com...
About to get CO for my new home and (of course) the I don't have a lawn
yet. I want to hold back an amount equal to the cost of hiring someone
to do it for me. I've got an acre with about 3/4 of an acre that will
be lawn. Can anyone ballpark how much that would be? I guess someone
would have to come in with a york rake and get the large stone/crud out
and then seed it.

Between $200 and $5,000. Maybe more if grading is needed. Talk to a local
pro as you did not give enough information as to what all is needed.