George

"william_b_noble" wrote in message
news:1125464123.7c46965dac54f8468cd015f9ef9b0de4@t eranews...
here are some remarks from some very knowlegable members of a turning club
I belong to - I've removed their names and emails of course for privacy.
in short, they don't think much of the ariticle - personally, I haven't
seen it. maybe this will offer some counterpoint to the original post

Bill N

Opinions, as my Drill Instructor said.

I'm disappointed that statics, rather than dynamics of cutting were the
focus, and, of course there are glaring flaws in his presentation. He
repeats the conventional wisdom of the "weak tang" as if it made a
difference with close toolrests, for instance.

To the rest of us he's at least as qualified as your knowledgeable members,
having put forth his analysis for us to see, rather than confining himself
to ad hominem remarks.