spaco

I'm sure there are many kinds of motors for vacuum cleaners, but 2 that
come to mind are "sucks right through the motor" and bypass. Even
though, I suppose, the filters are in between the dirty air and the
motor, I would think that the motor bearings would be fouled with minute
metal particles if you don't use the bypass style.

In addition to the wood dust problem mentioned in another post, I
have heard of runors about steel and aluminum particles combining
vigorously, too.

Pete Stanaitis

Ignoramus8644 wrote:

Just got myself a used 1/2 HP baldor grinder. It has openings in the
back of the wheel guards, for dust collector or some such. I am
thinking about attaching a shop vac to these openings. Is this plan
fatally flawed, or is it workable?