Vinnie Boombotts

Default Install Tile over plywood - how Do I?

I am remodeling my bathroom in my 100 year old house. I removed the old
tile and degraded particle board sub-floor that was installed by the last
homeowner. (Can't believe it lasted over 25 years)

I have installed 1/2" plywood over the existing 3/4" flooring. I would like
to pour a thin layer of self-leveling cement, because the entire floor is
tilting to one side.

How can I do this? I have purchased metal lathe and the cement.
Should I install a membrane under the cement? What do I use to fasten the
lathe? Is there a better way to do this?

I am not using cement board because it would raise the floor greater than I
would like, and cause problems with my steam radiator.

Thank you, answers are greatly appreciated.