FDR

"TURTLE" wrote in message
. ..

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
news

"Oscar_Lives" wrote in message
news:IhmQe.313711$xm3.306072@attbi_s21...
I just heard the mayor of New Orleans talking on CNN. He said that the
hurricane is likely to shut down 1/3 of the gasoline and natural gas
imports
to the United States this week, and that the shutdown would last for
months
to come. This sounds like some serious ****.

They shut down the off shore drilling rigs and the shipping lanes from
South America are blocked or disrupted for a time. I don't know how real
it all is, but you can be sure the price will go up.

Gas today was 2.629 here in CT. Home heating oil is 2.27 to 2.35. I was
able to lock in at 2.35 for the season, up from 1.60 last year.

Bad time to be a Hummer dealer. Or an owner too I guess.

This is Turtle.

Edwin , New Orleans does off load a good amount of import oil but there is
other ports that can take up any slack New Orleans may fall behind on.
Sabine Pass/ Houston and Lake Charles / cameron can take in what New
Orleans takes in today. Both of these are running at 50 % to 60% of their
ability.

And another thing : Where they off load tankers at in New Orleans it will
not be hit by the high water and tidel wave. All this docking to do this
is inland and not exposed to the gulf. The water will rise in that area
and then go back down and they can go back to off loading the oil. Also
about 1/2 the oil that is off loaded at New Orleans . The ships go on up
to Baton Rouge to off load about 60 miles inland from New Orleans. Only
the Super tankers have to stop in New Orleans. Also just about all the
refinerey are not in the city but up on high ground out of the city.

It's just a bunch of hooppla going on here.

I always suspect that reasons are given for higher prices that in reality
aren't true.

TURTLE