RicodJour

Steve wrote:
I have a dryer vented using galvanized piping. There are a couple of angle
pieces where the joints are leaking some exhaust. I took the pipes apart and
cleaned them out of any lint as a maintenance thing and I am wondering if
when I reassemble if metal tape if its appropriate to use a wrap a metal
tape around the joints. I'm guessing its probably not required, but I have
the metal tape and it will take a short time to do, so I might as well do it
unless there is something inappropriate about it. I would be using metal
tape - not duct tape. Can anyone give me any feedback on this?

Sure, go ahead. It's the right thing to do, and the right material.