nospambob

The Ryobi tools I use daily have served me well. Make it easier on
yourself and rig some kind of support for the stock on both sides of
the saw before making many cuts.

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 03:30:40 GMT, "Charlie S."
wrote:

Went to HD to check out what they had for 12" Mitre saws. Based on my needs
the salesman recommended either a Rigid or a Ryobi. The Rigid came with a
stand and sold for $279. The Ryobi sold for around $230. The Ryobi seemed
to have a better clamping mechanism and had a basic, clearly marked ruler at
the surface. The Rigid didn't seem to be clearly marked for measurement.
The salesman told me the Rigid was a better seller. Probably because it
come with a stand. From outward appearances the Ryobi seemed like the
better unit. Then again, for $50 a stand comes with the Rigid.