Liz

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
news

"Liz" wrote in message
. Our big problem this year, however, has been mosquitoes, thanks to
excessive heat and humidity. They're so bad this year that we haven't
been able to eat outside the whole summer, and friends who come for a
swim are provided with Cutter anti-mosquito wipes to use when they're not
in the water. Personally, I'm anxiously awaiting the start of winter!

I've had good luck with the OFF brand lanterns with the heat activated
insecticide. They do a 15' area. Works well on the deck or patio, but
not much good for a walk in the woods.

Ed, we went to Home Depot, Lowe's & CVS last weekend looking for those
lanterns but they're already off the shelves. Maybe today I'll check out
the smaller garden centers. Thanks for the recommendation...I was wondering
whether they actually work.

Liz