Wayne Cook

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:52:57 -0700, "Harold and Susan Vordos"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .

"Quality is like buying oats. If you want nice, clean, fresh oats,
you must pay a fair price. However, if you can be satisfied with oats
that have already passed through the horse, the price is a little
cheaper."

Yep! Shades of my youth. Hayes Bros. Buick, In Salt Lake City, had just
such an item posted on the wall at the parts counter. It must have really
made an impact on me, for I remember (and often quote) it to this day.
Mind you, I'm one of the people that remembers almost nothing
trivial-------including the way to get back home. g

I've still got the old plaque with that saying which was hung on the
wall of office at the slaughter plant where I grew up (my dad bought
the local slaughter plant when I was 5 years old).

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook/index.htm