Joe AutoDrill

Ah. But that's just replacing the broken component with the same thing
that's going to break and be insecure anyway. Better to fix the root
cause of the problem.

I was answering his question - which referred to fixing IE. I totally agree
with you otherwise...

Right, but I'm not aware of any viruses which just stay in your disk
cache rather than installing themselves somewhere more insidious.

It isn't meant to cean up virus problems... Maybe some tracking cookins
that act as adware... But that's about it. It simply frees up resources.

99% of the time, it's a good idea to do it often just to keep the disk
clean - and thus unfragmented.

Removing cache files and defragmenting a hard drive are two very
different things.

True. But having a virtually empty hard drive doesn't cause Windows or any
other OS to "fit" programs in a bunch of small slots and thus fragment
them... Cleaning up a few megs (sometimes hundreds of megs) worth of cache
stuff can help keep the fragmentation level low. You still need to defrag
often IMHO.

Now... Let's talk about something more on topic to this group... My
favorite cheese is Locatelli... Yours?

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022