Larry Jaques

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:52:57 -0700, the opaque "Harold and Susan
Vordos" clearly wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
"Quality is like buying oats. If you want nice, clean, fresh oats,
you must pay a fair price. However, if you can be satisfied with oats
that have already passed through the horse, the price is a little
cheaper."

Yep! Shades of my youth. Hayes Bros. Buick, In Salt Lake City, had just
such an item posted on the wall at the parts counter. It must have really
made an impact on me, for I remember (and often quote) it to this day.

I printed that and put it on the wall above the shipping bench. I was
one of 2 shipping and receiving inspectors.

Mind you, I'm one of the people that remembers almost nothing
trivial-------including the way to get back home. g

Which reminds me of the Alzheimers joke.

An 80-year-old man walks into a bar, sits down, and starts crying.
The bartender asks,"What's wrong?" The old man looks at the bartender
through teary eyes and between sobs says, "I married a beautiful woman
two days ago . She's a natural blonde, twenty-five, intelligent, a
marvelous cook, a meticulous housekeeper, extremely sensitive to my
wants and needs, very giving, my best friend, and intensely passionate
in bed."

The bartender stares at the old man for a brief moment and says, "But
that sounds great! You have what every man wants in a woman, so why
are you crying?"

The old man looks at the bartender and says, "I can't remember where I
live!"

--
Like they say, 99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.
http://diversify.com Lawyer-free Website Development