Dave Hinz

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 17:01:03 GMT, Joe AutoDrill wrote:
Ugh. That's needed in less than 5% of the infected systems I've dealt
with. If your data is worth more than a couple of hours of effort,
and/or if your backups aren't up to date, that's the absolute last
resort.

What data does a disk clean-up destroy? It only deletes cookies, temp
internet files, etc. I suggest it because I have no clue how large his
cache is. In theory, if he browses the net a lot and has a huge cache, it
could cause a problem.

I could swear I saw "reinstall" in your post. If not, then nevermind,
but just cleaning a cache also won't remove any viruses or other
malware...