Larry Jaques

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 20:56:50 -0700, the opaque "Harold and Susan
Vordos" clearly wrote:

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
oups.com...
snip----

As their monopoly of the local
markets slowly slips away (welder purchases on Internet, gas supplies
at Home Depot/TSC), you will see the less responsive shops close.

As they should. I'm sick to death of businesses, any of them, thinking
they have their customers at a disadvantage and refuse to provide what
constitutes good and expedient service and fair value.

Ditto that.

I've stopped doing
business with several firms of late, due mostly to their indifference to the
treatment customers receive, to say nothing of the lower quality for more
money concept the younger generation seems to find so appealing. The
"bottom line" concept, where they feel they must make a profit at all costs,

I hope you tell these bozos precisely why you stopped shopping there.
I used to think they'd catch on. Now I know better, and if we don't
tell them, they'll just -continue- to screw people. Let them know
why you won't be back as you walk out their door for the last time.

including selling used oats for the price on new, fresh ones.

Eons ago, in another life as a QA inspector, I ran across a quote
which I think might have spurred your statement there, Harold.
It tickled me pink.

"Quality is like buying oats. If you want nice, clean, fresh oats,
you must pay a fair price. However, if you can be satisfied with oats
that have already passed through the horse, the price is a little
cheaper."

CAUTION: Do NOT look directly into laser with remaining eyeball!
http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Design