D Murphy

Jim Stewart wrote in
:

His conviction will be overturned. There are no laws governing
compensation, and that is basically what he was convicted of, being
paid too much.

We'll see. Being a CEO is not a license to
take corporate assets at will. I think you
know that.

True. But what was compensation, and what wasn't? The IRS will have him
dead to rights as far as tax evasion goes. The rest from what I've been
reading is a little doubtful. But who knows? The climate is pretty
intolerant for these big time CEO's.

Here is a guy that grew the company by 80 billion dollars. Tyco grew
to be larger and more profitable than GM. He did this in the midst of
a recession. In 2001 the company had a pretax profit of over 5
billion dollars. What is fair compensation for someone who brings in
those kinds of numbers?

And on Jan 2002, Tyco was trading at 60.
By Jan 2003 it was trading below 20. I
guess the shareholders didn't make out
quite as well as Mr. Kozloski.

The stock, like most others at that time was overvalued to begin with. It
fell with the others, they racked up a 9 billion loss following 9-11, then
Enron, then came the hint of scandal and it was done for.

--

Dan