jim rozen

In article . com, CAMCOMPCO
says...

Now to the original question from Jim, room is an issue, I would say
the footprint of the lathe can't be greater than 6'x3' or so. Real
issue is getting something too damn heavin into my shop, the BP was put
in prior to the basement being finished through a 6' slider (we have a
walkout basement). The way I figure it, even with a Clausing or other
1200 pounder, I would take it apart, bring it to shop, clean and
reasemble.

If you have grade acess with a six foot slider that's half the
battle won right there. You have the option of going with a
larger machine.

Next question is, do you need the extra capacity in the lathe?
How often will you be turning something larger in diameter than
say, 6" or longer than a foot?

Jim

please reply to: