Lurch

Default Fridge water supply

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 18:30:49 +0100, "Bob"
strung together this:

After being abandoned by Expert Appliance Care, who have the contract for
Whirlpool's warrenty repairs (long story [1] ), I'm left needing to repair
the water supply tube. It's a thin plastic tube, with a 4mm internal
diameter (or it is as far as I can tell). I just need to cut out a damaged
section and join the ends together - the question is, what with? I've tried
RS, but they've only got a push on connector that looks like it would come
straight off under mains pressure, and in any case would restrict the tube
to 2mm.

That';s pretty much what the manufacturers fit anyway. They're usually
fitted where the pipe comes from the fridge into the door so the door
can be removed, if there's one there take it out so you can match it.

Could anyone suggest somewhere else to try?

If it's the same diameter, and if your fridge has one, as the pipe to
the door you should be able to buy one as a spare part for that bit
then fit it to the supply pipe. The other option is to find someone
who supplies the pipes used for chillers in pubs, they're the same
size as some small diameter supply pipes.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd