michael

jim rozen wrote:
In article , Jim Stewart says...

Good list, can't disagree. Now how about
finding us a list of the 5 most over-paid
civil servants?

The single highest-paid public employee in Westchester
(NY) county is Janine Piro's bodyguard/driver, who will
be earning about $250K this year. Piro is the county
district attorney and claims that she needs protection.

She's the only DA in all of NY state with a bodyguard.

Probably she needs the protection because she's all
mobbed up. Not suprising given her husband's connections.

Still a quarter million dollars per year is a lot for
a driver.

Jim

Thanks Jim! I don't feel so bad now. Just last night I was perusing the
county website listing of positions and salaries. I don't recall the
position at the moment, but the highest paid was barely under $190,000.
Then a few near $180k, numerically more at $170k, etc. Add the benefits
package and it gets more ridiculous. Also, several dept super positions
have something called "management leave". That amounts to additional
paid hours that are accrued based on the number of hours worked. In
other words, they get this for showing up! Most of these positions, if
not all, that recieve this extra paid time are salaried well over
$100,000. One would think that would be sufficient incentive to come to
work. Maybe even do an honest day of work, too.

mike