DoN. Nichols

In article ,
Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:

"DoN. Nichols" wrote in message
In article .com,

snip------

Note that I later picked up from eBay a spare headstock (perhaps
from a 5900 series machine) which had an L-00 spindle nose, and I
swapped that into the machine so I could get away from the risk of a
chuck unscrewing when I ran the lathe in reverse while cutting. (This
is nice for internally threading in a blind hole -- using an upside-down
threading tool cutting on the backside of the workpiece.

Want to give that a little more thought, DoN? You run the machine forward
in that setup, not reverse. :-)

You're right. Upside down in forward or right-side up in
reverse. Which means that the right-side up one needs a different
grind, while the upside-down one can be the same grind.

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564