John R. Carroll

"Sue" wrote in message
On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 22:48:26 GMT, "John R. Carroll"
wrote:

"Sue" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 22:20:57 GMT, "John R. Carroll"
wrote:

"Jim Stewart" wrote in message
Cliff wrote:
http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/...0.asp?GT1=6820
[
The 5 most outrageously overpaid CEOs

Here's the pantheon of execs whose paychecks soar while their
companies suffer.

Good list, can't disagree. Now how about
finding us a list of the 5 most over-paid
civil servants?

How about 5 that aren't.

Me.
Sue

Let me rephrase it then. 5 that are well paid - let's set the bar at GS

15+
and see if you are in that group- , what they do and why they are a

bargain
at that pay grade.

I'm not federal so there's no GS anything. After 18 years at my job I
made really close to $40,000 last year, but that was with lots of OT.

My question/comment was poorly worded. You thought I meant low wage and I
didn't.

I thought you meant a list of 5 civil servants who *aren't* overpaid
implying that they all are. I'm neither over nor under paid IMHO.

Sue,
Any large organization has high and low value emps. Governments are no
different in this regard. I here a lot of blow hard talk to the effect that
the government work force is useless and overpaid at any price. That simply
isn't true and I wondered if it wouldn't be productive to demonstrate that.
You here a lot about 200k per year tit's on a bull but it's rare to see the
opposite. Must not be as news worthy as Natalie Holloway but it's much more
important in the grand scheme of things.
I will say this, however. At 40K and living where you do, you are 3 to 6
months from homelessness, public assistance or both after 18 years of
service. At least you are if you are on your own and absent an inheritance
or really substantial savings or assets. That's not right. You probably see
exactly this every day at work. I hope Arnold doesn't **** up your pension.
You'll need it.

--
John R. Carroll