Paul Amaranth

I'll put in a plug for LeBlond, parts are still available from Leblond
America. I have a 15x30 Regal which is a very nice machine. I did
like the later Clausing Colchesters, though, but didn't find one in my
price range when I was looking.

One thing you'll want to look for is a non-threaded spindle. Being
able to run in reverse without worrying about the chuck coming off is
very handy. For one thing, it allows you to cut threads away from a
shoulder with an upside down threading tool. The Leblond used a keyed
long taper spindle, which I like, but the camlock spindles are much
more popular and available today.