Andy Hall

On 27 Aug 2005 13:48:40 -0700, wrote:

Mike has a go at you once over your arrogant attitude and gave you the
title Lord Hall for your pretentious attitude.

I believe that that was IMM, but it really makes no difference to me
anyway.

All that I have done is to point out the methods shown in the
instructions of several manufacturers of a particular type of product.

You can choose to disagree if you wish, but it doesn't alter what is
clearly written (not by me). I wouldn't have described that as
arrogant. If anything, I would put it to you that the boot is on the
other foot since you feel that you know better than several
manufacturers.

Just take notice of
people who know more and have more experience than yourself, and that
includes me.

ROTFL. I certainly listen to and take ideas from those with more
experience and training than myself. More importantly, I do my own
reading and checking when needed. Somehow, I don't see you in any
of those categories.

I regard myself as a semi pro in plumbing as I do it to
earn a living and come up with good quality results.

Hmmmmmm.......

Curious. Just a short while ago, you said that you weren't
professional. Which is it?

You are clearly a
DIY man and it abundantly shows.

I have never claimed to be anything else. However, I have been doing
a broad range of DIY and craft activities for 30 and in some areas 40
years. I tackle things that I enjoy doing and/or can do cost
effectively and/or can do better than asking somebody else to do it. I
set myself a pretty high standard. Against that, there are some
things where I am not satisfied with my abilities such as plastering
so I will hire someone to do them.

It is clear you are a moron with an
IMM obsession not worth bothering with.

Not really. It's interesting that you share some of his personality
traits such as claiming to be a professional (implication being that
what is said must be right) as soon as holes are found in what you
say.

It's further interesting that people in this NG who really are
professionals don't trumpet that fact and seldom if ever use it to
justify what they are saying.

I use Google so I can't plonk you.

I think that that explains everything.....

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl