Andy Hall

On 27 Aug 2005 13:20:03 -0700, wrote:

I am no professional that is why I look in here and other forums.

I'm glad we clarified that point.

I am
a jack of all trades, master of none. A plumber can thread 6" pipes, I
have never threaded a pipe.

I have, but not quite of that size.

After 7 years, I can fit a heating and
water system in plastic and copper as good as them in a domestic house
only.

I've done complete CH and DHW systems in a number of houses and have
done a better job than most plumbers simply because I take the time
and trouble to do so properly.

My craft skills are as good as theirs. Most of what I do is rule
of thumb and revert to books, manufacturers and groups like this one to
expand on.

It's very unwise to rely on rule of thumb - much better to plan and
execute to the plan.

My main points a as less space taken up as possible by
cylidners and boilers (of elimination of one or both),

Must be very small places if that's an issue.

the highest DHW
flow rate as possible for high performance showers and no pipes seen.
To achieve something as simple as that can be very complicated.

That's certainly true.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl