Ron Thompson

Who is the largest trailer manufacture for big rig boxes? Wabash is second
I think, but who is first? Alternate bonus question: Who are the top 10,
25, etc.

Stay the hell away from Wabash!
They have been bought by Fruehauf, by the way.

I bought a new 53' X 102" Wabash dry van about 1999. I went to the factory and
picked it up, so no one but me and my wife had ever pulled it.
That PIECE OF **** was in the shop on average every three weeks while I had it!
It had alignment problems from the factory, but of course alignments aren't
covered under warrantee.
The alignment bolts fell out on the road! I took it to the warrantee approved
shop in Mobile. AL. They said I would have to pay, because it wasn't covered
under warrantee. I had to have it, so I said fix it. The mechanic came back and
said he couldn't align it, as there wasn't enough adjustment!
They had to cut it with a torch and move parts and reweld it.
Wabash ate that as a factory defect, but I paid every time after that, and it
happened often.
This was the first year they had a no weld alignment. I finally had it welded,
over the protests of the mechanics who claimed it would void my warrantee (the
one that didn't cover anything and didn't pay)
It didn't stop the problems. The welds broke. The alignment bolts continued to
fall out. It ate tires for breakfast.
It even broke an axle in California! I sat for a week, and was told they had
them on the line to build trailers with, but none in the parts system. After a
week, the dealer took an axle out from under a new one and sent me down the
road. I wound up parking that POS and telling them to come get it.
It was a major reason I went out of business and declared bankruptcy.

Ron Thompson

http://www.plansandprojects.com
My hobby pages are he

Visit my new site:
http://www.titusvillefl.net

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is
to fill the world with fools.
--Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)