larry g

CAM

I made the leap from a Logan to a Sheldon. It was a huge gain in weight,
regididity, power and control. I stayed with the same 10" swing and a lot
of the tooling I had carried over. After selling the Logan it was almost a
break even deal. Remember that this is not the last lathe that your going
to buy, it's just the next one. You also have to decide if this is to be a
turn key lathe or are you willing to put some more time and money into it.
It's just like the old cars, spend 30K and get a finished rig or 10K and
then put in the time and money to get it in the condition you want.
lg
no neat sig line

"CAMCOMPCO" wrote in message
ups.com...

Firm). I like restoring cars and fabricating shop tools...but in the
end, the 2500 is all in. Now, as for tooling, SWMBO doesn't scrutinize
my every purchase...I can spend 100 here 100 there, just not 700 here
and 700 there. A MONARCH 10EE is a fantastic machine from what I have
read, just a bit to short...I don't want to permanently restrict myself
at the start. My thinking is that, while there may be a dozen great
lathes out there, aftermarket tooling and ease of future repairs
somewhat important...that's why I was looking at Clausing and SB. I
have a Logan 200, nice Lathe, a bit too small (weight), and not quite
as precise as I would like (wear and tear). It's also not a QC and
that is starting to Bug me the more I get into threading.....