Electric chain saws do work, but are slower than the gas powered ones.

For small diameter wood I use a circular saw that I made. Just a 10
inch dia. blade on a belt driven mandrel. 1.5 hp motor. No tilt or
blade height adjustment. It is not all that quiet ( I wear ear muffs
), but quicker than a chain saw for small diameter stuff.

Dan
Laurie Forbes wrote:
Was wondering if an electric chainsaw would be worthwhile for cutting logs
into fireplace length (power is nearby). My old gas saw is cranky and a
little worn out so need a replacement but the allure of less noise and no
gas/fumes/hard to start etc. seems compelling.

Any suggestions appreciated...............

Laurie Forbes