Andy McArdle

Is it possible to make a homebrew preservative to apply to the ends of my
logs? I have no local place to purchase it, and to purchase a gallon

PVA glue will do the trick. It's not the best, but certainly better than
nothing...

Also, how long will it take for the logs to get dry enough to turn?
(dry - as in not green wood that would not warp considerably after
turning like green turned bowls do). My basement is fairly dry with a

Rule of thumb: 1 year for every 1" dia. + 1 year more. This'll vary but is
a fairly reliable means of guesstimating.

--
- Andy
Where is human nature so weak as in the toolstore?