CAMCOMPCO

To be honest, I am a wan-a-be inventor that fantasizes about the great
idea that will allow me to stop working for the man (Investment Banking
Firm). I like restoring cars and fabricating shop tools...but in the
end, the 2500 is all in. Now, as for tooling, SWMBO doesn't scrutinize
my every purchase...I can spend 100 here 100 there, just not 700 here
and 700 there. A MONARCH 10EE is a fantastic machine from what I have
read, just a bit to short...I don't want to permanently restrict myself
at the start. My thinking is that, while there may be a dozen great
lathes out there, aftermarket tooling and ease of future repairs
somewhat important...that's why I was looking at Clausing and SB. I
have a Logan 200, nice Lathe, a bit too small (weight), and not quite
as precise as I would like (wear and tear). It's also not a QC and
that is starting to Bug me the more I get into threading.....

Also, 2500 today will be 3500 after X-Mass, just haven't told (right
:-) SWMBO that yet... so maybe waiting until I have more $$$$ is an
option. I just want precision, and quality and would rather throw the
extra $$$ into CNC the BP.

Just thought I would provide more background....

thanks all for the time spend on my question, great group to belong to
:-)

Cheers