Jason

Hey Paddlepop,

It's a White-Rodgers 1D56W-380

"Paddlepop" wrote in message
news
To answer the question you need to post the make and model of the old
thermostat
"Jason" wrote in message
Hi guys,

I'm in need of some help.

I just bought a Robertshaw 9851i programmable thermostats (any comments?)
and I'm not quite sure how to connect everything. My current thermostat
uses the following wires:

Rh - Heat Transformer
Rc - Cool transformer
Y - Cooling Control
W - Heating Control
G - Fan control relay
O - Cool active reversing valve
B - Heat active reversing valve

The new one I just bought has these:

C - 24 VAC Common
R - 24 VAC transformer
G - Fan relay
Y1 - Cooling Relay
B - Heat active reversing valve
W1 - Heating Relay
O - Cool active reversing valve
H - Humidity relay
D - Dehumidity relay

The only thing I'm confused about is the "C" and the "R". Where do I
connect my former Heat Transformer ("Rh") to? The C or the R? Would the
Rc
go to the C? I'm just not sure because their names don't correspond and
don't want to risk anything.

A black wire is connected to RC on the thermostat and the a red wire is
connected to RH on the thermostat.

I went and checked the furnace and both the RED and BLACK wires are
connected to "R". Does that I connect the black and red wires to "R" on
the new thermostat?

Am I way off?? Any help would be much appreciated. I've done lots of
research on the internet, but I'm getting a little confused.

Thanks in advance,

Jason