Joseph Meehan

Suzie-Q wrote:
Lately I've begun to smell sewage in one of my bathrooms. Of course
I know that I'll have to call a plumber. What I'd like from
you, though, is ideas about what might be causing it and whether it
might be a high-priced or low-priced fix. I will call a plumber, but
I need to know about how much money I should have available before I
do so! (I've had two high-priced car repairs that have put me in the
red for a short time.) I know this is a very general question, but I
hope someone can do some educated speculation for me.

FYI, I've quit using the offending toilet for now.

Thanks in advance,

A large part of the cost is going to be the house call. Likely any fix
will be cheap.

Have you had some high winds about the time it started? If so just
running water in all the sinks and flushing all the toilets might take care
of it. My guess is the toilet may have a bad wax seal, or you may have a
blocked vent.

There is always possible that one of those simple jobs turns into a big
job however.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit