Paddlepop

To answer the question you need to post the make and model of the old
thermostat
"Jason" wrote in message
Hi guys,

I'm in need of some help.

I just bought a Robertshaw 9851i programmable thermostats (any comments?)
and I'm not quite sure how to connect everything. My current thermostat
uses the following wires:

Rh - Heat Transformer
Rc - Cool transformer
Y - Cooling Control
W - Heating Control
G - Fan control relay
O - Cool active reversing valve
B - Heat active reversing valve

The new one I just bought has these:

C - 24 VAC Common
R - 24 VAC transformer
G - Fan relay
Y1 - Cooling Relay
B - Heat active reversing valve
W1 - Heating Relay
O - Cool active reversing valve
H - Humidity relay
D - Dehumidity relay

The only thing I'm confused about is the "C" and the "R". Where do I
connect my former Heat Transformer ("Rh") to? The C or the R? Would the
Rc
go to the C? I'm just not sure because their names don't correspond and I
don't want to risk anything.

A black wire is connected to RC on the thermostat and the a red wire is
connected to RH on the thermostat.

I went and checked the furnace and both the RED and BLACK wires are
connected to "R". Does that I connect the black and red wires to "R" on
the new thermostat?

Am I way off?? Any help would be much appreciated. I've done lots of
research on the internet, but I'm getting a little confused.

Thanks in advance,

Jason