Chris

I'd probably wait if it were me. Cracks like that after a few months
would cause me to wonder a bit about the whole project. I guess if
you were to re-do it, you might want to place an expansion joint
within some of those radius sections. I probably over-did my patio.
Poured it 20 years ago and used wood as my expansion joints and it's
still like new. Placed joints within every 100 sq ft which seems
excessive to many people but again, I'm fortunate that mine hasn't had
any problems due to weather, etc. Guy doesn't want to come back
because he's afraid of having to give you a free-bee ;-)

On 26 Aug 2005 12:50:58 -0700, "KD" wrote:

I had a guy do it, and I can't seem to get him back out here to look at
it, but he's aware of it. The house was in for over a year before the
patio, so most of the settling should have been done, and the same guy
did my other flatwork around my house with no other cracks, so I'd
guess it's a bad guess on the expansion joints (we had a hard time
deciding with all of the curves in the patio (it has rounded edges, and
several turns).

The crack is just outside where the door exits. I'm fairly sure that
the prep work was done well. No other cracking is evident at this
point, and the crack itself is fairly stable (it's been there since a
few months after the install, and has maintained.

Maybe I'll just wait until next summer/spring, then cut it out and redo
that section.